“Before this I was happy flirting between Neutron Player, Jet Audio Player Pro, PowerAmp and the new Sony Music App. I no longer need to bother with any of those again – the pure sound from this app leaves them all behind!” – user review
• Plays wav/flac/ogg/mp3/DSD/aiff/aac/m4a/ape/cue/etc. files (even 24-bit or 32-bit).
• Supports a USB audio DAC connected by a OTG cable (if your Android device supports USB host)
• Plays natively up to 32-bit/384kHz or any other rate/resolution your DAC supports by completely bypassing the Android audio system. Other Android players are limited to 16-bit/48kHz, even on Android 5.
• DSD-over-PCM support for native DSD playback and DSD-to-PCM conversion if the DAC does not support DSD (.dff/.dsf files)
• Folder playback
• Network playback using Samba shares (should work with Windows and NAS)
• Stream audio from Shoutcast ( http://www.shoutcast.com ) and manually entered radio stations
• Stream audio directly from Tidal
• Android media database playback with playlists. Play albums or create your own play lists from a list of songs
• Gapless playback
• Sample rate conversion (if your DAC doesn’t support the audio file’s sample rate, it will be converted to a higher sample rate if available or the highest if not available)
• 10-band equalizer (can be turned off)
• No root required, but when your device has root access there is a tweak option that could eliminate audio glitching should you experience it (for example when the screen is off)
• Software and hardware volume control (when applicable)
• Shuffle / repeat
Warning: this is not a generic driver, you can only playback from within this app. It is not possible to use your USB audio device using this software with other apps!
Android 5 users: although Android 5 has some support for USB DACs, it is limited to 16-bit and sample rates of 44100/48000Hz. For high quality playback, you still need this app to enjoy 24-bit music at any sample rate your DAC supports.
After installing, uninstalling and reinstalling this app immediately after opening its telling me that the license can’t be verified so it force closes it.
I have Android P installed on my Xperia XZ Premium phone which isn’t rooted btw.